dinsdag 4 januari 2011

Media fasting #1

Day 1

verse; John 13:37
purpose; wait for God to move

Woke up at 2PM, I thought: 'aww men, the first day has arrived!'
Today is the first day of 40days of media fasting. That means no media/ hype thingies like Facebook, Twitter, Skype, MSN, television or gaming. I can't even watch basketball games.
'For what?', some people ask. Simple; nowadays, we are simply swallowed up by the media. Like we can't live without it.
If I clear up space and time to fast on media, I will have way more free time for other stuff.
First, I will have more free time with GOD. Second, more time will be cleared for FAMILY and FRIENDS. Third, I will have more free time to DO THINGS I NORMALLY DON'T HAVE TIME FOR.
I think it will be tough to hold on for 40days this long. But I'm not on my own and I ain't building on my own strength.. cause He is here for me.

My pastor has provided us a Youtube- playing list with worship songs. So luckily I don't have to search songs for myself.
I've got some songs myself too. For the ones who are also fasting or interested ones;

Lecrae - faithful
Lecrae - don't waste your life, featuring Cam & Dwayne Tryumf

and yes.. they are both from the genre rap.

to do list
- pray for people who've been sick lately (I too start to have a sore throat)
- read the bible (I'm somewhere at Luke, I think?)
- replace the 'media time' for time for family, friends or self discipline (training, basketball, dancing etc)
- sleep earlier, cause I can't watch NBA.
- maybe something will come up in my mind to do?

Want to add some little up here,
since I'm already busy with fasting on media, I just add a little self made fasting.
I want to fast on these two things too;
- cursing (yeah, I sometimes do that)
- cut off some slang (need to start to talk a little more formal)

I find cursing more negative than slang talk. So every time I curse, I'll add up 3 push- ups every word. (3 is the number of holy Trinity)

This was and will be my first day. I'm very interested how I will become after 40days without media, hahahahahahha. Very, very curious about it.
So yeah, I'm only available on my cell phone and mail. Oh, you can also leave a message behind here on blogspot.

Guess I'll be going,

God bless you!


*Edit; I became sick during the day )=

1 opmerking:

  1. good luck, bro~!
    today was ik weer eens 無用 met je weet wel wat.. para op mezelf..

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen