Day 12
verse; Romans 6:4
purpose; you must be willing to accept the new-born life and let the old life die to live in peace with Christ.. the choice is up to you when you know you're ready
The verse of today (Romans 6:4) in My Utmost to His Highest (http://utmost.org/) had a message who has a lot of impression on me. In short it says: 'leave your old dead life behind and start to live your new life when you're born in Christ.'
Easily said than done.. at least for me. I'm struggling with my old life since I'm converted. It is so obvious and sometimes I still turn back to my old life. Sometimes I ask myself: 'why..' Why can't I just give it up.. or.. why don't I want to let some of those things in the old life go?
One thing is for sure: I can't do it alone. Not on my own power. I need Jesus Christ for this. I can't build on my own strength. I need a rock to build on. I need Him!
And until that day I can fully let go off my old life, I will pray for strength and guidance in my life.
During these days of media fasting I was asked a couple of times: 'why are you media fasting' or 'but you are using your Iphone and internet, is that allowed?'..
On the first question, I am media fasting for God. Some people won't understand that. Let me explain.
God is love. If I'm media fasting for God then I'm media fasting for love. I want to create love with the time I receive by not going on media stuff like Facebook, MSN Messenger, television, play station, and other social media aspects. The free time I receive by not doing those things I can put it in other more important things like socializing with family, friends and classmates. I get more time spending with them in real life than in 'digital life'. That feeling is so much realer and fresher (I really recommend these real life meetings). Love all the waaay!
On the second question (if you scroll back up) I will answer this: 'it isn't what is allowed or not.. it is what you think it will mess up your time with God and if your time is spent well or not'. Again.. God is love. If I think that some things are messing up my time.. if I think I could use my time better for something else instead of media aspects, then I will choose for the more valuable time spending with God.
Nothing is allowed or not allowed. It is not that the church gave us the assignment to do media fasting. We weren't forced to do media fasting. There is free will in it. The church came up with the idea. But it is your own choice of participating.
Again, nothing is allowed or not allowed during this fasting. It's all free will. Even God doesn't really forbid us things. I think He gives us guidelines for our lives, cause He wants the best for us. After all, God is love!
So right now I want to thank God by giving His most precious love for us: His Son Jesus Christ.
Alrighty then.. time for me to enjoy my valuable time with my friends on the basketball court.
Thank you for basketball, Lord! (=
to do list
- pray for people who are popping up in my mind
- be the church!
- spread His Word.
- read the bible (I'm at Acts 7)
- replace the 'media time' for time for family, friends or self discipline (training, basketball, dancing etc)
- maybe something else will come up in my mind to do?
Guess I'll be going,
God bless you!
we should be out up in the streets,
not just in houses with our bible's summarizing what we read
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten