maandag 17 januari 2011

Media fasting #14

Day 14

verse; Galatians 1:15-16
purpose; God's call for your service will becomes your everyday way of life when His Son is clearly revealed to you

What does it mean to carry your own cross? I will tell y'all my view and experience on it.
The first impression of the phrase 'carry your cross' was really negative the way I saw it. I felt the cross was and would become a burden for me.. Heavy, pain, unhappiness, captured, daily battles, suffering, bounded and.. death are the feelings that were coming up. Carrying your cross made me thought about how Jesus carried it. Full of pain, suffering and humiliated by the people. That was how my first impression was..
But what is the true meaning of 'carrying your cross'?
To carry your cross is to know why Jesus lived, died and rose up. To carry your cross is the confession of sin. To carry your cross means you'll have to live life how Jesus wants you to live. To carry your cross is everyday struggling. To carry your cross is suffering.
But I will carry it with happiness and joy. Maybe I don't know what I'm carrying at all exactly. But what I DO know, is that God won't let me carry more than I can handle (1 Corinthians 10:13). And that's all I need. He knows exactly what I can take. And I also know that Jesus carried His cross too.. for me.
So every time I'm falling, I will turn to Him and pray for perseverance. And every time I'm suffering, I will pray for courage to forgive. Every time I'm in grief or pain, I will pray for encouragement. And every time I'm struggling, I will pray for strength and build on my Lord's power and trust.
It's because.. Jesus fell but He persevered, He got hurt but He forgave, He was in pain yet He encouraged another. And Jesus struggled to the point of feeling forsaken, but He rose above his feelings and rested His trust upon the Father.

Yesterday (16th of January 2011) was the day I made a understanding with my Lord Jesus Christ. I finally know a little bit about how it feels to carry my own cross and what it takes to carry my cross.
And for what I don't know yet, I will pray for wisdom and guidance from the Lord. Cause there is a lot more meaning in 'carrying your own cross'. It takes years or maybe a life time to figure it out.
But I will learn from Him while I'm carrying it..

to do list
- be the church!
- read the bible (I'm at Acts 11)
- replace the 'media time' for time for family, friends or self discipline
- carry my cross
- maybe something else will come up in my mind to do?

Guess I'll be going,

God bless you!


And whoever does not bear his cross, and come after me,
cannot be my disciple

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten