donderdag 20 januari 2011

Media fasting #17

Day 17

verse; John 3:3
purpose; fresh we all will become when we are born again with the Spirit of God residing in us

First of all, I want to explain (again?) that the verse in the beginning of each post of my blog is from the website http://utmost.org/ the and purpose under the verse is my personal look on the verse and the description on the site. It has nothing to do with the post under the verse and purpose. That part is telling what I've gone through or what I've experienced with God that day.

Today I had a first lesson short spiritual cleansing. Spiritual cleansing is like cleaning your room. You get rid of the mess so your room is fresh and clean again.
The same goes for your body, soul and mind. They need a cleaning too sometimes or it will get really messy.
If you're interested then I would like to refer you to my pastor. She can give you more information about it. Oh yeah, and she is a very nice person!! (= God bless her!
The spiritual cleansing is a difficult task, although when I looked at the checklist it seemed really easy. Just get rid of some aspects. But it goes beyond that.
It was my first time so I don't know much about it yet. But I will learn more about it after a few more sessions.. and of course when I've talked to my Heavenly Father about it.

"I hear so many Christians, murmuring about their imperfections, and their failures, and their addiction, and their shortcomings. And I see so little war! Murmur, murmur, murmur. Why am I this way? Make War!"
John Piper

to do list
- be the church!
- read the bible (still at Acts 14)
- replace the 'media time' for time for family, friends or self discipline
- carry my cross
- maybe something else will come up in my mind to do?

Guess I'll be going,

God bless you!


Now, we gotta start making war
Now we can start saying no
To them fleshy impulses that Jesus Christ is paying for

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten